Many patients come to us wanting to get their teeth whitened. It’s a very simple and painless thing to get done! Tooth whitening isn’t for everyone, though. Consult with our dentists before whitening your teeth.
When Should I Not Whiten My Teeth?
Something you shouldn’t whiten your teeth. These are some reasons you shouldn’t:
- Infected gums
- Tooth decay or white spots on your teeth
- Sensitive or discolored teeth
- A crown, bridge, or other dental work (especially front teeth)
How Long Does Whitening Last?
Teeth whitening is not a permanent thing, but it can last a while depending on multiple factors. If you drink coffee, smoke, and/or drink red wine, expect tooth whitening to not last as long.
How Do I Keep My Teeth White?
There are multiple ways to keep having white teeth:
- Brush your teeth
- Use tooth whitening products as recommended by your dentist
- Avoid smoking (if you can’t avoid it, brush your teeth after)
- Avoid drinking coffee (if you can’t avoid it, brush your teeth after)
- Avoid drinking red wine (if you can’t avoid it, brush your teeth after)
How Do I Whiten My Teeth?
There are many ways to safely whiten your teeth. Over-the-counter products work, but you’ll likely be more satisfied with a higher quality product Dentist-dispensed kit we offer.
If you have to choose an over-the-counter product, pick one that’s approved by the American Dental Association and make sure to follow the instructions on the packaging.